Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Gotta get back, back to the past..."

I've recently been digging though boxes in my attic, inventorying and cataloging old drawings and designs I've kept from back in the (animation) days. If you'll recall the SAMURAI JACK episode where Jack saves a village of Obsolete Robots and Cat People from Baskets-Turned Assassin Androids; episode 18, I think...
Throughout the episode, there were several of these killer robots, each with their own, unique weapons and style of killing.
Yes, I know, big Hellboy, Mignola inspired fist.

Sometimes for Sam. Jack, because of the line-less visual style, I needed to trade a pencil for markers, to get a correct gauge of silhouette and form. And what one of the final models ultimately looked like:Hey, if you liked this post, there are tons more in MY SKETCHBOOK. Check it out!

5 comments:

Chris Battle said...

One of the best-est eps ever; Nice job.

SteveLambe said...

Grade A awesomeness. I hope there's more Suriano treasure like this stashed away in your attic.

roque said...

Brilliant, Andy.

Michelle Bickford said...

Yesssss.
... bet digging around in your past work was a real "tripper", ya?!?

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

These robutts are killer, Andy. Both literally and figuratively. Love this ep and these designs!