Thursday, October 23, 2008

BUY A BOOK! (It's my birthday)

Hey folks! Wanted to thank everyone that has bought THE ART OF ANDY sketchbook from either me or my buddies at HOUSE OF SECRETS or wherever else you might have seen it (Stuart NG is carrying some, as well as Golden Apple and Meltdown Comics). And also a big thank you to those that have purchased the Charlatan Ball Vintage Tee. Because of you, we're SOLD OUT! of the teeshirt and currently working on producing the other design(s). For those that don't know, or haven't picked up your copy A of A, I have just over a hundred left, so I wanted to share with you some of the perks...


PICK IT UP!
First off, yes, I know it's a surprisingly unusual size and format: 6x11. We wanted something different, that would separate it from the other sketchbooks coming out. Secondly, it's a sturdy HARDCOVER, jam packed with 120 full color pages.


GET A PERSONALIZED SKETCH!

If you order from my site, I always do an original sketch on the inside cover. I also personalize each one; so if you are getting the book for someone else, let me know!


READ A MESSAGE FROM SPONGEBOB!

Once you flip the page or two, my good buddy Tom Kenny (aka Spongebob Squarepants) was nice enough to write a very kind , witty, intro. CHECK OUT PLASTIC MAN STORYBOARDS!
(...and other failed pilots! hahaha) The book is then broken down into sections, denoted by the color tabs at the lower corners of the pages. There's work from ANIMATION and DESIGN, Comic Books and Concepts, followed by a brief section of my Paintings and Fine Arts.

LOOK AT A SMORGASBORD OF DESIGNS AND SHAPES!

SHUDDER AT SAMURAI JACK ZOMBIES!

BE BLOWN AWAY BY BLOWN-UP BATTLEDROIDS!

MARVEL AT HOW I ALMOST COLOR INSIDE THE LINES!


Okay, okay, enough with the sales pitch. But seriously, if you haven't already, click on that little button on the left and buy a book. It's my birthday! (For real)

And if you already have, I hope you enjoyed. Leave a comment if you'd like and let me know what you thought.

19 comments:

SteveLambe said...

Your sales pimpage has convinced me. I'm buying a second copy. That'd make a good christmas present for the wife, right?

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Happy Birthday! And for all you on-the-fence-ers... the book is even more brilliant than it seems from the samples and write-ups.

Dylan said...

Happy Birthday!

I'll have to get some money together and snag myself one of these for sure!

Michelle Bickford said...

Happy Birthday AndyPants!
...I am going to flip through your book again and admire all your hard work in celebration of this great day! :D

Matt Schuler said...

Happy B-day Andy!

Still loving the book and flipping through it A LOT...
Still promoting it to some friends and new friends.

I hope you have plans to do some future volumes.

-matt

wolfboy said...

Thanks guys! And girl! Yeah, I definitely have volumes left of stuff (soooooooo many scans not used in this book). We;ll see it goes, sales-wise, at least on the publisher's end to warrant doing more.

shane oakley said...

hello, andy. love what you do!CHARLATAN BALL is a sugar coated blast of lightning from a comic rack of grey fog.
wanna buy me one of those books, do you ship overseas?

wolfboy said...

Hey Shane! I love your work too! Cthulhu looks cool! And that Thing and Luke Cage...great stuff. Everyone else, check out Shane's blog, soon to be on my JLA Intnl. link. And yesm yesm of course the book can make it overseas. There will be an option in paypal for domestic or otherwise.

Custom Coaster said...

Hey Sorry I've been dead, but I've come back before your Birthday to wish you a good past birthday ... okay I guess I came back to life too late still wonderful book and I who to get it before all the rageing Cartoonist clear it out for the holidays.

T' said...

I already have the book which is very keen indeed. Thanks, however, for posting those pages from the comic in the entry below. It gives amateurs like me a chance to try inking and coloring pro work, otherwise known as hacking your stuff to pieces! It's also really cool to see the comics. They're so full of life, and those lines are so confident.

And also, happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and it's awesome!I loved the art on Underfist that you did!I have a question...Does the episode get boarded and then you technically reboard it except it's bigger and pounded out in to big sketches?

Ps.Happy birthday!!!Mine was a month ago.

Anonymous said...

wow i love ur work man i loved my gym parteners a monkey it had great humor and a awsome concept

Unknown said...

yummy.....have to have one, you have some left RIGHT?,And Happy Late Birthday greetings from jolly old canada......Dude, your stuff kicks hairy monkey ass.....Rock Star bro...

Later

Jason

wolfboy said...

Thanks guys! And yes, I still have books left--and I even ship to Canada, JasoN!

das chupa said...

This book is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a book that has made me immediately want to draw something. And the hardcover design really stands out, not to mention the custom art which seems so fluid it makes me want to drop all things digital and go back to pen and paper.

Mark Storey said...

Thanks so much for the book Andy, and for the personalized sketch. Fantastic artwork you produce. Now I'm a proud owner of a copy over in the UK. Keep up the great work.

Matt Synowicz said...

Welp, I just ordered the book, and now I'm wondering... Do I get to choose what the sketch will be?

Matt Synowicz said...

Andy! I just got your book in the mail dude. Glad you dig my blog! Amazing sketch you put in there too man! I'm completely blown away by you art. I hope to be half as good as you some day.

-Matt

Marcio Freitas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.