Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BOOK #5 ROUGHS...

We're exactly 1 week away from issue #3 hitting the shelves (mark your calenders!). Instead of posting up a preview of what you'll see next week, I thought I'd post bits and pieces of CHARLATAN BALL #5, coming out in October (which feels like a long ways away!).

I actually had some of these originals floating around in a portfolio at the con. Until my good friend and collaborator BEN KALINA scans them at full size, I've managed to pick and choose a piece-mealed sampler for you...

Issue 5 has a lot of big-robot-action:


Here's the same image, only in it's preliminary state:


To add to the thrilling excitement is a...BANK!


Pulse pounding BANK MANAGER-ACTION! haha


And one of the coolest characters around: "THE HOST", part David Bowie, part Chuck Woolery--


And no comic book is complete without WILFORD BRIMLEY!


...yeah, it's a strange comic book.

5 comments:

Michelle Bickford said...

Your black and whites are SO strong they don't really need color.

Mel Maduro said...

Looks like an instance issue, especially the stern looking bank manager. I loves it, as usual.

Quinton Peeples said...

Issue # 3 was superb! Loved meeting you in San Diego! Keep up the great work!

Kristen McCabe said...

AWESOME!

I love the skin tags on the bank managers head.

Dan McDaid said...

I love prelims.

MORE PRELIMS!

(also, tiny picnic is dead right)