Friday, February 05, 2010

"MORE DICK..."

I don't want to give too much away, but I have been pleased with how it's all coming out. It's an idea that came out with me from Detroit, that's been started, shelved and started again more times than I can count. The fun part has been coming up with a color theory and visual vocabulary that was both graphic and minimal, as well as deliver some sort of emotional evocation. Aside from my love for old(er) comic book coloring, I developed the style years ago while working on yellow post-it notes with limited markers at my disposal. Who knows, it could all be crap, but it's my crap.



3 comments:

Morgan said...

I really dig the color schemes you've been fiddling with!

Unknown said...

Looks great, have to get a copy.

wolfboy said...

Thanks guys; it's been fun to finally string together part of a story utilizing and experimenting with ideas I have and applying them--like I said, whether they work or not.

This 8-page story will be in an anthology book that TITMOUSE animation studios is putting together called "MOOK". Should be pretty cool.

The smaller page commitment has been a nice weight off--also I'm doing every aspect of the story down to lettering myself for the first time, well, first time digitally.