Tuesday, June 26, 2007

THE BLUES...

Along with taking on far too much freelance (that just happens to be due @ the same time); I've managed to squeeze in more CHARLATAN BALL work. I am currently putting the finishing touches on book #3. Since I am the one inking the pages, I go only as far as blue-line pencils, eliminating the usual step of then tightening up in graphite. That being said, sometimes the blue's fade or are too light when I go to lay the ink down--forcing me to do my best at decyphering blue clouds...

Book #3 has been alot of fun for me; not only has JOE CASEY been writing some amazing, weird, hilarious stuff (check out the tiny aliens riding in musical notes)...and there's a line from this issue I will post in another batch that still cracks me up--but I feel as if I'm finally finding a rhythm, increasing my vocabulary in terms of page and panel layouts, compostions, etc...we'll see--I'd still like to get a whole lot better. And I'm still having trouble leaving enough room for word balloons!? Oh well...maybe in book #4.





2 comments:

T' said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the inked finals as the blues are already pretty damned impressive.

Jay D Smith said...

great stuff!!

j.