Tuesday, May 28, 2013
MY WORKSPACE PART TWO
Part two of my art studio breakdown...
1. More post-it notes reminding me of looming deadlines or oft-forgotten logins.
2. Art/mail ready for the post office (delivered today!).
3. My dog's pillow when he comes to visit (he opts for the couch instead).
4. Surviving memento from past job.
5. The books that were saved from storage: top top shelf are Marvel Universes and "kids" comics, manga and 2 Parker's that need to be read. Top shelf are books about comics and comics pioneer cartoonists. Top Middle shelf are some essential collections. Bottom Middle shelf are European books I can't actually read, but enjoy making up my own stories to the art.
6. The bottom shelf reserved for oversized books, Kirby Collectors and IDW Artist's Editions that are currently getting all my $$.
7. The Swiffer that only comes out of the corner when my 3 year old wants to play/clean my office.
8. Pics of my dad and the reason I do what I do.
9. Storage shelf housing painting supplies.
10. My jams!
11. My painting alcove.
12. Primed canvases ready and waiting for me to get over my cold feet.
13. Acrylics pulled from the shelf (used for priming).
14. Picture of one of the strangest variety performance groups I encountered on my travels.
15. Picture of the Royal Family of Monaco (whom I also encountered on my travels).
16. 4-color printer proofs from two of my favorite NEW GODS issues.
17. My shirt discarded due to stuffy, poorly ventilated room.
18. The additional bookshelf I had to erect to house more books.
19. Sometimes my bed.