Friday, February 06, 2009

BACK TO ME...

Along with illustrating the further animated adventures of BATMAN: BRAVE & THE BOLD, I've been compiling a TON of early conceptual sketches and roughs from CHARLATAN BALL, to put into the newly solicited CHARLATAN BALL TRADE PAPERBACK!

In addition to collecting issues #1-6 of the first series, the tpb will include endless pages of extras, drawings, color process and outline to final page comparisons--a virtual smörgåsbord of insight into our collective creative process. Not being satisfied with merely regurgitating and repurposing old artwork, I decided to include never-before-seen marker comps like the ones below. These will be special chapter breaks, 12 total, depicting an important character or element from the series. I'm not going to post them all (gotta have something to look forward to!), so enjoy these while you can.

--And please, PLEASE ask your local comics shop for a Diamond/PREVIEWS ORDERING CATALOG and ORDER the CHARLATAN BALL TPB YOURSELF(!), do NOT count on your shop to do it for you. Serious. Seriously. For reals. I don't want to hear about how your shop didn't carry it. They will if you order it. (All you do is fill out the form and hand it directly back to them!) Do it NOW; the deadline is any day now.


5 comments:

Dylan said...

Seeing as I work at a comic shop, I will make sure we get some of these and spread the good word! I have already got my name down for a copy.

I may even try to squeeze out some fan art when I get a chance!

Keep on keepin' on man!

PS - Brave And The Bold #1 was pretty rad. Good job!

marco's blog said...

aw man i can't wait to get this. love your work.

Matt Schuler said...

Ordered the book today, along with picking up Batman:The Brave and the Bold #1 and Jersey Gods #1 today and a couple other books...

I hope there is an eventual OMAC story in the Batman cartoon/book. I spent about an hour watching some clips of the cartoon on youtube.

-matt

wolfboy said...

Thanks, guys! That makes THREE...

Mukpuddy said...

Great stuff dude! I love the batman comics dude, will you be posting more of these!